Wisconsin Business Owners Members pass 1,200
We passed the 1,200 Wisconsin Business Owners Member mark on Friday, February 12, 2016!
That’s 33% growth Since September 4, 2015 – just over 5 months!
Kudos to the speakers, organizers, sponsors and members!
We’ve gone over 250 followers on LinkedIn after a concerted effort last year. Find us on many social sites that follow.
http://www.meetup.com/wisconsin-business-owners/ << for RSVPs
p.s.: Please contact us with your suggestions and questions for and about Wisconsin Business Owners.
Get Yourself to Woman Up ~ via Meetup!
Woman Up! If you haven’t explored Meetup.com – take the time! Men too!
Man Up! Woman Up! Meetup! Meet IRL – In Real Life! Find all sorts of groups close to you that match your interests.
Explore groups in your area that match your interests, both personal and professional, at Meetup.com Please start with Meetup.com/wisconsin-business-owners !
Be prepared to take considerable time to really explore this extra-ordinary site that does more than connect you online. Meetup helps you actually Meet Up IRL – In Real Life! The more time you spend at Meetup, the more diversity you’ll find. Yet it is all based on a solid, consistent foundation.
You’ll find that most of the folks who get involved in any sort of Meetup have something ‘extra.’ No, they’re not all total extroverts. Indeed, I know quite a few who’ve overcome their naturally-introverted natures to get out and meet people. That’s the extraordinary extra they possess – the drive to make human connections! This is especially true of all sorts of people who simply want to share their (personal and/or professional) interests with like-minded folks.
Ladies (guys can come too), Woman Up!
Woman Up with Karin Conway and others at the War Memorial, Saturday, February 6th.
One of our WisOwners Organizers is promoting a great event on at the War Memorial on Saturday, February 6th. Learn more at Karin Conway’s Meetup Group at http://www.meetup.com/Holistic-Health-Nutrition-Enthusiasts/
Learn more about this coming Saturday’s Woman Up! event at http://www.meetup.com/Holistic-Health-Nutrition-Enthusiasts/events/228483012/
More details about this health and lifestyle expo at http://shepherdexpress.com/womanup
Karin is a veteran Organizer of Wisconsin Business Owners and we’re fortunate to have her! She’s an extraordinary networker. She organizes many other events, especially around the interests of health, nutrition, wellness and whatever is good for Mother Earth and the people who inhabit her.
Keith Klein, Organizer, Wisconsin Business Owners
Organizer, Wisconsin Business Owners
Author of WebForging, A Practical Guide to the Art of Forging Your Web Presence
Owner, OnYourMark, LLC
Google Phone: 262-820-8201
p.s.: Expand Your WisOwners Network on Social Media:
Circle us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Wisowners-meetup/posts
Link up with us on LinkedIn ~
Our focus moving forward is to extend the value of the enhanced relationships engendered in our Wisconsin Business Owners Group, in person and online. Extend the value of your deepening relationships at our LinkedIn Wisconsin Business Owners Group. Details to be announced.
Like us on Facebook:
Find and follow (and re-tweet) us @WisOwners at Twitter!
See my review at http://keithklein.me/audible-books-best-of-the-web/ for 2 Free Audiobooks.
Neuro Linguistic Programming, more commonly known as NLP, is a model of communication and personality.
NLP explains how we process the information that comes to us from the outside world. Our internal representations that we make about an outside event are not necessarily the event itself. It is only our perception of that event. Our perceptions of reality have been proven to be false.
When an external event takes place, we run that event through our internal processing department which creates our internal representation of that event. This internal representation combined with a physiology creates our internal emotional state for that event.
When an event occurs, it comes in through our 5 senses:
- Visual – What we see
- Auditory – Sounds and words we hear
- Even the way someone “says” those words to us
- Kinesthetic – What we feel from an external feeling
- The touch of someone or something
- Olfactory – Smell
- Gustatory – Taste
After the event comes in and our senses process it, we all naturally:
- Delete – Everyone selectively pays attention to certain details of an experience and overlook others. If we did not naturally go through the process of deletion, we would be overwhelmed with all the information the outside world gives us on a second-to-second basis.
- Distort – This is when you make a false representation of reality. Why do you think police detectives get 10 different stories from 10 different witnesses of the exact event?
- Generalize – This is the way we learn. We take global conclusions based on one or two experiences. The information that we have helps us create a meaning of those conclusions that we derived at.
We have 5 filters that help us filter the information we have just deleted, distorted and generalized:
- Meta-Programs – The way someone handles information. Through this, you can predict someone’s state and therefore, their actions.
- Values – Help us decide if our actions, and actions of others, are right or wrong. They help us decide how we feel about our actions.
- Beliefs – The deciding factor in our ability to do anything. They either cause us to do what we do or cause us to not do what we want to do (limiting belief).
- Memories – Some psychologists believe our actions are not caused by the present events, but rather the memories that we have accumulated and organized in a certain way.
- Decisions – These are directly related to memories and the decisions you make may cause you to make, break or create certain beliefs. Most of our decisions are made unconsciously which came to us from an early age from outside factors such as your parents and teachers.
These 5 filters outlined above determine what our internal representation is of any event that is occurring right now. This creates a certain state of mind which directly determines our behavior.
Every experience that you go through is made up inside your head. We do not experience reality in a direct way.
University of Pennsylvania – 1970 Communication Study
- 7% is the words we say
- 38% is our verbal behavior
- 55% is our nonverbal communication
- Body Posture
- Skin Color (it changes with emotions – this does not mean race or ethnicity)
- Body Movement
In essence, when we communicate with someone – 93% of how the person perceives what you are saying is not what you are saying, it is how you say it.
Meet Our Expert: Lucas J. Robak
Certified Neuro-Lingusitic Programming (NLP) Practitioner. NLP is language of the mind to successfully achieve concise results through subconscious communication.
After finishing his BS Flight Operations degree, Lucas J. Robak starting soaring on other horizons. Instead of applying for pilot positions, Lucas applied for 501(c)3 status for a nonprofit: Melody of Life Foundation. For the next 4-5 years Lucas floundered around in more jobs than he can remember, while now stating, “I was lost!” Eventually he became a high school tutor and substitute teacher, went to UW-Milwaukee to gain a Teachers Certificate. After 18 months of serving within the traditional education system, Lucas was disenchanted and became lost once more.
After meeting a local life coach, his eyes were open to another realm of possibilities. After great research, Lucas began his “Life Coaching” career and received his NLP Certification in June of 2014. After Lucas was diagnosed with MS in May 2014, he expanded the mission of Melody of Life to providing treatment, which is not covered by insurance, for people with MS (multiple sclerosis). Today, Lucas hosts inspirational fundraisers and provides empowering workshops leading up to and following each fundraising event to fiscally support the needs of Melody of Life.
Lucas J. Robak
Address: PO Box 210921 Milwaukee, WI 53221
Direct Dial: 414-520-5163
Personal Website: www.LucasRobak.com
NLP and Life Coaching Website: www.SkillsetLifeCoaching.com
Nonprofit Website: www.MelodyofLifeFoundation.org